Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My productive garden.

Things are starting to happen in my little garden.  Our strawberries are starting to ripen.  I love strawberry time.  I could eat and eat them all day long.  Actually so could my grandchildren so I better  hide these from them.

Our Roma Tomatoes are starting to have some small fruit on them.





Our Lemon Tree has some flowers on it.  We may get some lemons in Summer which will be great.


I have just planted my potatoes so I will have plenty in summer to make Potato Salad.



Our garden is starting to come alive with beautiful fruit and vegies.  No sprays all natural.  We now have Pumpkin, Zucchini, Garlic, Nasturtiums, Watermelon in the lower garden and will be adding our chilli plants, sunflowers.  In our two raised beds I have peas, purple carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, cabbage, radishes,beetroot, tomatoes, capsicums and loads of herbs including patchouli which I will be able to dry and add into my soap.  Pots of parsley, garlic, oregano, curry plant.  I also have Lime, Mulberry, PawPaw and Olive trees.

My next addition to the backyard will be chickens.  I love fresh eggs so next week we will be off to Dakibin Recycling shop for the chicken coop and fencing.  (Hopefully the chooks will rid our yard of stray cats.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment