Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Working Towards Retirement.







Wow its been quite a few months since I have written a blog in Fairytales and Goblins.  Life has been super duper busy with job changes, new grandchildren and general life things.  Late last year we purchased a camper trailer and OMG I love it.  I really enjoy camping.  Its so relaxing and this week we are heading up to 1770 for a few days.  I find it great to unwind from the hectic life I have at work.  I remember a year ago I had a good job but found it a bit boring.  Don't get me wrong I loved the people I worked with but felt I needed to do more.  Fast forward this year and I don't have a boring job anymore.  I still work for the same organisation but just moved areas and a higher paying position with loads of more responsiiblity.  Not bored now.

Anyway it has made me realise lately that I have been working since I was 15 and only had a short couple of years off to have my children.  Which means I have been working for about 28 years now.  Over the years I have moved around in my jobs.  Originally I was working in supermarket and slowly changed over to Disability Services and have been working in this field now for 12 years.

Now I am 48 nearly 49 and thinking I need to retire and see this amazing country.  Awhile ago I travelled to Tasmania for 3 weeks and fell in love with the state and the amazing country side and would love to see more of Australia.  Bill and I have discussed this so many times over the last year  on what we want to do in the future.  I don't want to get to old age and regret not doing things.  My mother is in her 80's and has Parkinsons Disease and has never really travelled.  Has never been in a Aeroplane.  I don't want this to happen to me.

So we have decided to pay off our debts ($65000) within the next 2 years and live the dream we want to.  I'm not afraid of hard work.  I work in an industry that I can pick up work around the country in the same field.  Bill can retire and be Williams main carer.


First thing we need to do is to start paying off the credit cards and continue to save in our bank.  Need to save enough to purchase a bus that will need to be transformed into a motor home.  Follow us on the journey of working towards retirement.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment