Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Cold winters night.

We have definitely had a few extra cool nights and I admit I sit here tonight with my flannies and bed socks on.  It has been awhile since I have had to pull these out.  You know how it is if you are over 40 and you suffer from the hot and cold flushes during the night.  I am truly surprised I haven't caught a cold this winter yet.  One minute I am covered in blankets and the next I am throwing them off.  Well last night the blankets stayed on and the bed socks and I slept solid until 6am when I had to get up for work.   I have to admit I really wanted to snuggle back under the blankets this morning as it was a very cool 7 degrees here.

So another cool night tonight and I had a craving for some old fashion homemade pudding.

Rice Pudding was on the agenda so I managed to make up my own recipe below.

2 cups milk
1 cup rice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup raw sugar (white is fine)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Place all the ingredients in a saucepan except the cinnamon.  Gently boil and stir frequently to make sure it doesn't burn and stick on the bottom of the saucepan.  If it thickens to quickly add more milk.   Keep cooking until rice is cooked.  This normally takes anywhere between 30-45 minutes.  When cooked stir in the cinnamon and turn off heat.  Your Rice Pudding is ready to serve.  For something different why not add some stewed apples or any other fruit. 

I love mine with prunes.





No comments:

Post a Comment