Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Thank you mum

My mum turned 80 this year and even though she didn't want to celebrate since we had just lost my little sister we felt Lisa would want us to celebrate mum's birthday.



My mum means so much to me and has played such a big part of my life.  I don't think she realises how much.  Mum basically raised us 4 girls.  Our father,even though he provided the basics it was our mum that gave us the love and affection we all needed growing up.  Mum has devoted her whole life to her family.  Dad was very strict and tough on us girls and mum was the one that kissed us better when we were hurt.  Dad died when I was in my teens after battling 10 years of cancer so mum raised us.  Money was tight but we never went without.  She has taught me so many things over the years.  Material possessions mean nothing compared to family.  Having a loving family means everything.  This is one thing she has taught me and I do believe this today.

Mum has had a hard life.  Losing her twin sister 40 years ago.  In the last 20 years she said goodbye to her first grandson, her eldest daughter, her mum, her sister and her youngest daughter.  Mum has always had so much strength and if you knew the life she has lived she is truly an inspirational woman. 

Mum is now suffering from Parkinsons Disease.  So hard for her and my sister and me.  So hard to see her so frail.  Those people who know about Parkinsons will know the different stages sufferers go through.  It is hard to see a person who has been so strong thoughout your whole life now break down in tears.

Mum I love you and promise to be there as much as I can for you.

THANK YOU MUM FOR BEING MY MUM.

When was the last time you told your mum you love her. 
When was the last time you gave your mum a hug and a kiss.
When was the last time you spoke to your mum.

If it has been awhile why not let her know how you  feel.

To all the mum's in the world THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment