Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fresh bread and Tomato Relish.

Sarah presented me with a brand new bread maker last week and I can't stop using it.  I have had a breakmaker in the past but I think I used it once.  Now the new one can make jam and jellies in it.  Wow have they come up in the world.  I make our bread each night when I come home and the boys love it.



While I was making the bread last night I decided to use up the rest of the tomatoes and make some relish.

Sue's Tomato Relish.
1.1kg ripe tomatoes (roughly chopped)
3 Capsicums  
2 large onions chopped.
400grams sugar
600ml white vinegar
2 cloves of garlic grated
handful of sultana's
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon of curry powder

Chargrill the capsicums in the oven at 180 until the skin turns black.  (20-25 min)
When cool enough to touch peel of the skin.
Chop up capsicum.
Combine all ingredients into a saucepan.  
Bring to a boil stirring until sugar is dissolved
simmer for about 1 1/2 hours until it thickeners.
Place in sterilised jars.

Makes 4 medium size jars.





No comments:

Post a Comment