Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

The chemical maze

Carrots

Have you been watching the Current Affairs shows lately. I previously blogged about the frozen vegie saga here in Australia where some of our major companies are buying the vegies from china. Surprise surprise another blow to our Aussie Farmers. Well I've taken a stand and no longer support these companies. I buy Australian Fresh Fruit and Vegetables or use the ones from my garden. 




Lots of lettuce

Ample Zuchini's

Nasturuims are in abundance.

Cabbages will be ready to havest shortly.

My daughter has all my other fruit trees and herbs at her place until we move to our new home at the end of the month.  The lemon tree has little lemons on it which is exciting. 

This week on the TV it was all about the chemical maze and the amount of chemicals that are added in our foods.  We all know they are there.  I think we all need to be more aware of what the companies are adding in our foods.  Are they trying to kill us just so the food looks more appealing.

Years ago I place my son William on the Fail Safe diet and it worked wonders.  I truly recommend this for anyone who has children who are displaying some behaviour issues. 
I have the most amazing grandchildren and my eldest has been diagnosed with Autism.  My daughter has now downloaded the app for her phone for the list of additives that need to be avoided.  She was amazed on the amount of food in the supermarket which had these in.  Which brings me to this mornings time in the kitchen.  My grandchildren love cordial.  They don't have lots of it but I know myself I do love a glass every so often and now the summer is coming it will probably me consumed a little bit more.  She didn't buy cordial this trip as they contain the additives that are not good.

Good old mum to the rescue.  Homemade Orange Cordial.  The dilemma was the amount of sugar used but being cordial you don't drink it straight.  Recipe below if anyone wishes to try it.  Must be kept in the fridge and used within 6 weeks.


1kg sugar
1 litre water
juice of 10 oranges.


Dissolve the sugar in the water over gentle heat.  When sugar has dissolved add in the juice and stir.  Cool then pour into clean bottles.


Orange Cordial


Have a great weekend everyone.  Now back to the packing.

Sue   xx

No comments:

Post a Comment