Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Where Fresh IS BETTER than frozen vegetables

For the past 8 months I have been busy building our vegetable patch.  At the moment we have Pumpkins, beetroot, lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage, zuchinnis,eggplant,rhurbarb, radishes, carrots, watermelon, cauliflower and potatoes which I just harvest and of course a large array of herbs and a few fruit trees.  We are currently in the process of moving house so the next tenants will inherit a vegie patch full of goodies.  Not to worry I already have plans for the new place and we will be staying at least 2-3 years there so our vegies will be plenty.

I don't buy a great deal of frozen vegies these days and if I need to now I will make sure I read the label alot better.  I have normally stuck to the well known brands like Heinz but now finding out they get their vegetables from China where they are grown in appalling conditions and sprayed with chemicals which are band in our country I through them all out.  I had always been told if you can't buy fresh buy frozen because they are just as good.  Not anymore.  No wonder so many people have allergies etc the big companies are slowly killing us.

Off to the organic fruit market this weekend where I meet the growers and know my produce is grown local.

No comments:

Post a Comment