Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Long, long, long weekend.

What an amazing weekend it has been for all.  A very rare occasion when we all get a 5 day weekend.


This weekend has seen us spending time with the most important persons in my life.  My Family.   Good Friday was spent working of course but the view from our stall over the Bay watching the Brisbane to Gladstone Boat Race was truly amazing.  The weather was perfect.  Who would of thought a few months ago this bay was a murky brown and the shore line here was covered in debris from the devastating January Floods.  Now it was crystal clear and full of families enjoying the race and time in the sun.  An enjoyable day by all plus a visit from Adam and Emma with Eli always makes my day.  Eli is so gorgeous and I just can't get enough of this little man.  I wish I got to see him more.


 Saturday was spent with my Mum.  Out to lunch at The Royal Mall Hotel at Tingalpa then followed by a drive down to Manly for afternoon tea.  It is great spending time with mum.  Even though she is quite fragile these days she does love to go out.  After spending the day with mum we headed to visit Damian and the girls.  How different is it to write that.  Use to be Lisa, Damian and the girls.  You know I really hate the first year when someone dies.  All the anniversary days etc you grieve through.  Only a few weeks ago on the 29th March would of been Lisa's 41st birthday so first Easter without her so different.  Little Charlotte was away but Chantelle couldn't wait to show me her new bedroom fit for any young beautiful teenage girl. Fuscia Pink feature wall and dangley chandelier, big comfy coloured cushions.  Your mum would of loved it.



Sunday saw the Easter Bunny bringing lots of chocolate and we headed to the new Eagle Farm Markets.  Well what an amazing sight plus I was so glad we got there on opening.  This place was buzzing with people and stalls.  As I didn't get to do the shopping last week I had decided to do it here and of course I wasn't disapointed in the market.  Food, Food and glorious food.  Fresh produce, plants, seafood, and so much more.  Favourite stalls to many to choose from but I did love the bakery section and purchased some amazing extra large lamingtons for all of us to enjoy for dessert on Sunday Night.  Picked up a beautiful piece of pork for dinner as we were having Sarah, Pat and the grandchildren over for Sunday dinner.  Very successful.



Monday was Anzac Day.  Always an important day for Australians.  A day to reflect on what past soldiers have sacrifice for us to live in such a beautiful place and of course our soldiers today who are fighting overseas.



Today is a relaxing day.  Tending to the garden.  Finishing off my soapmaking and a spot of shopping.  I hope everyone had a fantastic break this extra long weekend.


Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment