Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Its not goodbye its see you again

You know that the facts of life is that eventually we are going to die no matter what.  I sit here on a Tuesday Morning and in disbelief that my little sister Lisa is gone.  Who would of thought last Monday after celebrating Christmas we were all over our Mums Place laughing and enjoying ourselves.  Talking about holidays, renovations, children, grandchildren.  All the normal things sisters talk about.  Lisa was giving our elder sister Cheryl a hard time  about not ever being on an airoplane and we needed to change this.  Lisa then started on me about it but quickly reminded her that I flew to Gladstone for the birth of the grandson.  We all started laughing.  That was us.  We always made time to get together at christmas. 
We are all so busy with our own families that during the year we hardly have time to do this.  I am grateful for emails.  As we all started to say goodbye and see you later Lisa was so excited that the back deck on their house had finally been completed and she would ring me before we all went back to work for a BBQ.  Lisa and I always enjoy a nice bottle of something  so it was the christening of the deck.
We all hugged and kissed and said goodbye.  Who would of ever thought that this would of been the last time I would ever speak to my little sister again in this life.

Thursday morning 30th December 2010.  My nephew Tylers birthday, the day before my birthday always a busy time of the year.  Mobile phone rings at 8.15 in the morning.  Missed the call and noticed it was Lisa calling and rang back.  I thought this is strange Damian has answered.  Then my world fell apart.  He found Lisa on the lounge and thought she was sleeping and he went to wake her.  She had passed away.  How does a healthy 40 year of just die.

So I sit here this morning as I have sat here every morning for the last couple of days writing her Eulogy for here funeral on Friday.  This is one wish her partner Damian wants me to do.  How could I say no.  But how am I going to stand up in front of everyone and read it.  I know it can be done but most people who know me knows I'm a fairly emotional person.

I am now on my 4th page of Lisa's Eulogy.  All those fantastic childhood memories have been captured in this.  Funny little stories that only sisters would know.  Wow what fun my little sister and I had.  I hope I do her justice with this.  40 years into a couple of pages.  Lisa wouldn't want it to be sad so I hope with some of the stories if I make a few people smile that day I know I have done my job.  So for know I will continue to write what needs to be written and told.  She is the most beautiful little sister in the world.  I know most people have a little sister or brother.  Do one thing and after you read this blog ring them and tell them how much they mean to you. 

I know I am NOT say goodbye to you Lisa. I know I will see you again.  Love you forever my beautiful little sister.  I will promise you that your little girls and Damian are looked after.

See you one day,

Love and Kisses

your big sister Susan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment