Remember When life was so much easier

Life has been so busy with raising children, running a business,working fulltime you sometimes forget the simple things in life. Remember how things were when you were younger. Today there is so many chemicals and additives added into our everyday items. This year our family is trying to llive a more natural life. This blog will contain recipes, gardening tips, links to other blogs who share the same passion as I do.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One for us little people.

Its funny how much knowledge you store.  Pre- business owner I was a Training & Development Officer for one of Queenslands biggest Non for profit Organisations.  A lot of responsibility but I loved all the guys I worked with.  I could say there was never a dull moment.  Anyway back to the blog.  This week started not so good when my sons Day Service said no support next week as there is no money left.  He gets $22000 a year in funding from our wonderful state government.  This may sound like alot of money and I should be grateful because I know there are families out there receiving nothing.  But when you consider nearly $9000 is chewed up in administrations fees that then brings it down to $13000 a year.  Weekly that amounts to $208 or daily just under $30 per day.   This $30 is then part of the money that pays for him to attend his day service and 4.5 hours of community access.  I forgot to mention that William also has to add about $250 per month to the kitty. 

Anyway accounts lady says all the money is gone.  How can this be?  This has never happened in previous years.  All the excuses how come out.  Wage increases etc.  Wage increases what wage increases.  I know how much money a support worker gets and I know they haven't had a pay rise even though most of them deserve it.   I also know I didn't get a wage increase.  As a matter of fact due to this service raising costs all the time I had to give up my job, my income of $43000 a year so their massive increases didn't completely chew up my sons pension.  I then informed her that I would like a itemised account of the year including the breakdown of the administration costs.  Well what do you know there is money left.  The email came back stating there was $1600 left in my sons funding and of course we can get his support worker next week while I do workshops.

Well one up for us little people.  This organisation has truly picked on the wrong parent.




Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment